INDIANAPOLIS – NLA-Indianapolis is pleased to announce a new benefit for its members: formal mentorship in specific tracks.
- To train future leaders and volunteers, not only for NLA but for the entire local community
- To provide people who are ready to move beyond the basics a path of growth
- To set the expectation of community service as a core NLA Indianapolis value
Mentees will be guided through learning and volunteer opportunities that will help them become more useful to the local community and will help them grow personally. Program participation will be open to all full local members in good standing.
A mentee chooses a track that they want to pursue:
- Community leader: Prepares the individual to serve the local community in a leadership role, such as serving on the board of an organization or taking on a volunteer position involving significant responsibilities. Focuses on networking, volunteerism, interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and understanding of the local community and its groups and resources.
- Presenter: Prepares the individual to develop and teach BDSM-related classes at the local and regional level. Focuses on educational theory, curriculum development, professionalism, and public speaking skills.
- Event Organizer: Prepares the individual to produce BDSM-related events. Focuses on logistics planning, budgeting, marketing, negotiating, and managing volunteers.
- Titleholder: Prepares the individual to serve as a local or regional titleholder. Focuses on public speaking and stage confidence, BDSM and Leather history and protocol, networking, personal image, and volunteerism.
Mentors will come from the NLA-Indianapolis membership. The program chair will provide recommendations, and the mentor and mentee will jointly agree to be paired. The Executive Council will approve all pairings. Mentors and mentees will be paired for period of at least 6 months, up to 1 year.
Each mentee will commit to study, reflection, self-improvement, and accomplishing a set of personalized goals during the mentorship period, and to complete a major service project for the benefit of the community, the content of which will be determined by the track selected.
Want to learn more? Interested in being a mentor or a mentee? Email email@example.com (mentorship program chair) or come an NLA-Indianapolis business meeting to inquire about joining NLA and participating in this program.