CINCINNATI – In front of a packed house at On Broadway Bar, Matt Cowans was sashed as Mr. Cincinnati Leather 2014 on Saturday, May 17.
Matt and First Runner-Up Tim, demonstrated their leather knowledge and sense of humor by answering random questions submitted by the judges as Master of Ceremonies and Mr. Cincinnati Leather Promoter, Kyle Robinson, led the contestants through bar-wear, physique, and formal wear categories.
Between each segment, the candidates had opportunity to mingle with the crowd while Ms. Kate, founding member of Scorpius of Cincinnati, demonstrated techniques in rope bondage and electro play. Stepping aside, Mr. Cincinnati Leather 2013, Gene Griffith, thanked the community for their support and congratulated the contestants on stepping up to take the mantle of leadership.
Mr. Cincinnati Leather owner and producer, Randy Bridges, was presented honorary membership in Scorpius of Cincinnati in recognition of his many years of service to the Leather community of Cincinnati. Randy also took the microphone to recognize Dennis Wood, Mr. Tri-State Leather 2013, for his patronage and contributions to the On Broadway Bar family and convey well wishes as he runs for International Mister Leather 2014 Memorial Day in Chicago.
Judging the Mr. Cincinnati Leather Contest were:
- Ms. Kate, founding member of Scorpius of Cincinnati
- Ron Clemons, producer of Mr. Tri-State Leather, Mr. Tri-State Rubber, and Tri-State Puppy
- Larry Cotton-Markee, Mr. Serpent 2012
- Gene Griffith, Mr. Cincinnati Leather 2013
- Dennis Wood, Mr. Tri-State Leather 2013
Other guests included:
- Ed Napier, Mr. Serpent 2011
- Danny Cox, Mr. Tri-State Leather 2011
- Cody Troy, Mr. Mid-West Leather 2013
- Freeda Bang-Kok, Empress 22 of the Imperial Court of Cincinnati
- Sir Steve Likalotta-Steele, Emperor Elect of the Imperial Court of Cincinnati
- Darrell Miller, President of Scorpius of Cincinnati