CEDAR FALLS, Iowa — A local health care facility will start offering LGBTQ health care services starting Jan. 3.
The Waterloo, Iowa Courier reported last week that UnityPoint Health-Prairie Parkway will see LGBTQ patients from 5 to 7pm the first and third Wednesday of each month. The newspaper said the goal was to create a comfortable and welcoming environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning individuals.
Services will include:
- Primary care and routine exams.
- Routine cancer screening.
- Contraceptive management.
- STI testing and treatment.
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).
- Hormone therapy.
- Post-surgical care following gender affirming procedures.
Go to unitypoint.org/LGBTQ to learn more.