CHICAGO – Reports to the Executive Director / acting staff archivist
This is a paid position
Job description and key responsibilities
The archivist hired for this project will work with a collection of records from a Chicago social organization, with records dating from the early 1970s to the 1990s. The position includes work with processing, basic preservation efforts, completion of a finding aid and digitization projects.
Term of employment
Approximately 600 hours, working 15 – 20 hours per week. Compensation is $15 per hour.
- Graduate level coursework related to archives.
- Experience in creating finding aids. Experience with EAD or other bibliographic markup languages is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word.
- Experience with digital imaging. Experience with graphics software (Adobe, Microsoft Photo Editor, etc..) is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Comfortable working with sexuality / adult resources.
Cover letters and resumés should be sent to Rick Storer, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries please. Deadline for submission is September 21st, 2012.
Leather Archives & Museum
6418 N Greenview Ave
Chicago, IL 60626