WASHINGTON – International Mr. Leather announced the judges for the 2014 contest at a special event at Mid-Atlantic Leather in Washington, DC today.
The judges are:
- Andy Cross – IML 2013: Andy was born in Santa Maria, California. San Francisco became his home 11 years ago. Although interested in leather from childhood, his adult introduction to the leather community began at the Powerhouse Bar on Folsom Street and quickly spread from there. He has done work with the San Francisco Bay Area Leather Alliance, Mr. S Leather, AIDS Emergency Fund, Folsom Street Events, among other national and community organizations. His title run began with becoming Mr. Powerhouse Leather 2013, and ultimately going on to become Mr. San Francisco Leather 2013. In May 2013, Andy became the 5th International Mr. Leather to hail from San Francisco.
- Chandler Bearden, Mr. Atlanta Eagle 2010: Chandler Bearden is a native Georgian and has been a resident of Atlanta for nearly 20 years. Chandler was Mr. Atlanta Eagle 2010 and has worked with the LeatherHeart Foundation and also taught Sm 101 classes at the Atlanta Eagle and Southeast Leatherfest. His interest in the community extends beyond the leather community. Assisting on a variety of levels including Hotlanta Roundup, an event for LGBT in recovery, Street Meals Volunteer for the homeless, Intergalactic Love Affair, an annual event benefitting various non-profits and involvement with the Atlanta Meth Task Force.
- Tobin Britton, American Leatherwoman 2002: Tobin Britton has been a long-standing member of the Portland, Oregon Leather Tribe and queer activist since the early 1990’s. He jumped head first into the fray with memberships in a number of the local groups such as Portland Leather Alliance, Rose City Discussion Club, Blackout Leather Productions and Bad Girls. He served as Parade Coordinator and President of Pride Northwest for 5 years, streamlining many aspects of Portland’s large pride festival and parade. Tobin has held the titles of Ms. Oregon State Leather 2001 and American Leatherwoman 2002 which afforded him the honor of traveling the country as well as abroad as judge, tally master, judges’ boy, and contestant handler for numerous large and small titles. He has presented on such topics as knife play, race play, psychological terror, releasing your inner monster and D/s dynamics for many clubs and organizations throughout the country.
- Will Clark, Northeast Mr. Drummer 1997: Over the past 19 years, WILL CLARK, a former Drummer titleholder and XXX performer, has produced and emceed well over 1,000 fundraising events –including “The Bad Boys Pool Party” and “Cocktails with the Stars” in LA, “Porn Idol” and “Porno Bingo” in NYC – and raised millions of dollars for hundreds of LGBT non-profits in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta and more. Recently, Will was honored by the Gay/Lesbian Anti-Violence Project, United for the Ride and New York’s Imperial Court for his work in New York’s LGBT community. Will resides in New York City and regularly officiates at same sex weddings. He likes gas masks, football uniforms and straight jackets.
- Carlos Filetti, General Manager and Co-Owner of the Black Eagle-Toronto: Carlos originally hails from Curitiba, Brazil and now calls Toronto, Canada his home. Arriving in the mid-nineties he began his current sixteen-year tenure at the Black Eagle Toronto as a cleaner. Through determination and effort, he worked his way up to General Manager. Today, Carlos is the co-owner of Toronto’s premier leather bar, which has become one the Canada’s most successful and award winning LGBT businesses.Among his contributions and accomplishments within the leather community, Carlos served as the Executive Producer of the Mr. Black Eagle and Mr. Bootblack Eagle contests, Event Coordinator at the bar for Toronto clubs and organizations and as a major supporter of city titleholders, helping send many to their international competitions.
- Mike Maez, Mr. Leather Colorado 2006: Mike Maez is from Denver, CO. He is the owner/photographer at Maez Image, specializing in editorial and fetish photography. Mike also works as a personal trainer where he helps clients achieve their overall health goals. After the passing of a longtime partner, Mike decided to become more active in the leather community. He competed for and won the title Mr. Leather Colorado 2006. He was so proud of the rich history of the title that, in 2009, he took over the reins of the Mr. Leather Colorado Foundation, which produces the Mr. Leather Colorado contest. Under Mike’s direction, the Foundation has expanded to produce the Mr. Colorado Rubber and Colorado Bootblack contests. Mike has served as an officer on the Board of Directors for the Rocky Mountain Leather Alliance for the past 5 years. He was awarded the Leather Heart Award in 2012 by the National Leather Association – Colorado.
- Jeremy Morris, Mr. Iowa Leather 2012: Jeremy currently resides in Des Moines, Iowa, where he lives with his pup (Pup Chia’hua’hua) and two very spoiled animals. By day, he spends his time working as a claims adjuster for a national insurance company and most of the rest of his time working for his community. Even before his time as Mr. Iowa Leather, Jeremy was known for being an advocate in Iowa, working extensively with One Iowa, The Dubuque Regional AIDS Coalition, CAAP (Community AIDS Assistance Program), The International Pageantry System, ImpactCR (an eastern Iowa young professionals organization) and many animal charities, just to name a few.
- Justin Terry Smith, Mr. Maryland Leather 2010: Justin, AKA Mister J, has been an human rights activist in the Washington DC/Baltimore area since 1999. He is an avid and outspoken leather switch with the right balance of sadomasochism for all. He is originally from Silver Spring, Maryland, but now resides in Laurel, Maryland with his husband Dr. Philip Terry-Smith (married on Aug 7th, 2009) and son. A United States Air Force veteran, he was honorably discharged with awards and decorations in 2003. Justin is a member of the Centaur MC (host of Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend) and an associate member of the ONYX Mid-Atlantic, DC boys of leather and the Mid-Atlantic Kennel Korps.
- Andrea Zanella, Chairman of Leather Friends Italia: Andrea is a high school art history teacher who, since 2011, is the Chairman of Leather Friend Italia, a club now entering its 5th year. The club has roots going back to a former leather club with a 20-year history. Along with 6 close friends, Leather Friends Italia was formed and now organizes and holds parties on a regular basis in Italy. They are proud to partner with Leather Club Roma in organizing the Mr. Leatherman Italia and Mr. Rubber Italy contests.
This year’s tallymasters are former IMsL owner Amy Marie Meek and Mr. New Jersey Leather 2012 Danny Tamez.
International Mr. Leather 2014 will be held Friday, May 23 through Monday, May 26, 2014 (Memorial Day Weekend) in Chicago. The Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, 540 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL will be the host hotel for IML 2014.
For weekend information, ticketing, hotel reservations and frequent updates, please visit the newly redesigned www.imrl.com.