INDIANAPOLIS – Contestants are currently being sought to run for the Great Lakes Power Exchange title on Feb. 2, 2013 at the 501 Eagle Indianapolis. If you are interested, please contact slave garrett via MsKendras@sbcglobal.net. This is a new contest! Requirements:
- You must be at least twenty‐one years old.
- This contest is open to any pair/poly/triad that’s in a “power exchange” relationship for at least one year.
- You must complete your required paperwork as outlined in the “Contestant Checklist” by the deadline.
- You must be able to communicate and teach others on your specific power exchange dynamic.
- You are not permitted to be under the influence of illegal drugs or an excessive amount of alcohol during any of the contest portions. “Excessive amount of alcohol” is subject to be determined at the discretion of the Beyond Leather Producers and the Contest Director.
- You cannot have a current title that conflicts with the GLPE contest or with the rules of your current title. If you hold a current title, contact the GLPE contest director immediately to find out if you are still eligible to compete in the GLPE contest.
- You will be expected to bring one (or more if possible) item or basket for the silent auction that benefits the contest winners travel fund. This item or basket must have a regular retail value of at least $200. If it is a basket of items and the total value is over $300, it is up to the discrepancy of the GLPE silent auction coordinator to separate the items into smaller groups or to leave it as it is.
- You must not have any outstanding warrants either nationally or internationally of a felony conviction.
- If you win, you will agree to present at least 4 (four) workshops, classes or demos to teach others about your specific dynamic at 4 (four) different groups or events during your title year. The Great Lakes Power Exchange contest will be judged using an Olympic scoring method. We will have 7 judges and both the lowest and highest scores for each pair in each category will be thrown out. Only the middle 5 scores will actually be counted. In the unlikely event there is a tie score at the end of the contest; all 7 scores will be counted. In the extremely unlikely event that there is still a tie score, the Producers, Director and Judges will convene to decide on a winner. There will be a total maximum possibility of 500 points per pair. A minimum of 70% of the total score must be achieved for a winner to be declared. This means that even if we only have one pair competing, they must score at least a total of 350 points in order to win the titles.
A Head Judge will be appointed. A Tally Master and an Assistant Tally Master will calculate the scores separately. Their total scores will be compared for accuracy. A timekeeper will be present when needed.
Educational Presentation (150 points)
This is your opportunity to teach the attendees and judges about your specific dynamic. You will have a minimum of 5 minutes and a maximum of 10 minutes to give an explanation to the audience about your relationship dynamic. You may use posters, dry erase boards, or any other visuals you feel would be helpful. Visuals are not a requirement but they are allowed. You must supply your own visuals or props. However, if you need something that we might have, please e‐mail the GLPE Director to discuss it. Background music is not allowed during this portion. Handouts are discouraged. You will have the use of a stage and microphone. When you reach the 8 minute mark on your time, you will be quietly made aware that you have to wrap it up. At the pre‐contest meeting, we will explain this in full. When you are done, you will be given no more than 5 minutes to answer questions from the audience. The judges will not ask questions, they will only observe. You will be judged on your knowledge regarding your power dynamic, stage presence, articulation of your dynamic and how well you handle questions from the audience.
Demo/Fantasy (100 points)
This category allows you to show the audience a scene or scenario that involves your power dynamic. You will have a minimum of 5 minutes and a maximum of 10 minutes. You can decide to enact a scene with background music (supplied by you ahead of time) or you can request the use of a microphone. Please understand that we cannot mike the stage to pick up your talking if you walk around the stage. The microphones only pick up so much. It is suggested that you stick with a music background but this is your choice. You will be judged on the content and connection the two of you make during your demo or fantasy along with audience reaction, stage presence, image and the comfort level you display. There will be no questions asked by the judges or audience.
Interview (150 points)
The interview is possibly the most important category because the judges will have already observed you for a couple days, watched your Presentation and Demo/Fantasy the day before and will now have lots of questions to ask you. The judges will be allowed to ask you whatever they want to know. The pair will be interviewed together and the interviews are closed to all others including handlers or friends. The judges will score you on how well you answer the questions and on the attire you choose to wear. The length of the interview will be determined at the contest but will most likely last between 15‐20 minutes per contestant pair.
Overall Image for the Duration of the Contest (100 points)
The last thing the judges will be asked to do will be to score you on their overall feeling about you as a pair and how they observed your interaction during the contest weekend. There is no defined “look” other than being authentic to the power exchange dynamic in which you live.