NEW YORK — DaddyBear, a mobile app that caters to gay sugar daddies and those who like them, said in a press release on Tuesday that they have a sugar daddy for every two “sugar babies.”
A sugar daddy, for those unfamiliar with the term, is a man (usually older and well-off) who financially supports a younger woman (or man) in exchange for sex and companionship, according to Urban Dictionary. You can probably guess what a sugar baby is.
The interesting thing is, the press release also included some interesting statistics on its members, such as:
- Two percent of adult males in the US are sugar babies.
- 39 percent of gay sugar babies are white collar workers, ranking first
- 37 percent are college students
- Average age of gay sugar daddies is 42 (it is 39 years old on Seeking Arrangement)
- Average annual income of gay sugar daddies is $523,558
- Average monthly allowance of sugar babies is $6,690
The app has only been active for a few months, but has gotten a strong reaction.
“Our timing is very good,” Justin White, CEO of DaddyBear, said in the press release. “After surveying all 100,000 DaddyBear members, we found that the ratio of gay daddies to gay babies is about 1:2, which tops all the other gay dating apps. Our data show that about 35K members are daddies and about 65K are babies.”
And just in case you were wondering, New York is the top city for gay sugar daddies/sugar babies. Chicago, the only Midwestern city on the list, came in at number two.